Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm back

The entire time I had my blog current, I felt I wasn't a good blogger. Well, it was obvious that I wasn't a good blogger. I threatened so many times to delete it. Finally, my wild hair got the best of me and I did delete it. Wouldn't you know that every day since then I've thought about a blog and thought of something that I could have blogged about? Ugh.... I held off though. I pushed the ideas of blogging and bringing back the blog to the back of my mind and tried to forget. Then I'd read something online or something would happen here and I'd think I should blog about that. Then I'd remembered hitting that confirm delete blog button. Dangit! So, anyway, I'm back. I'm not promising anything, but I'm back.

We've been getting ready for spring. Spring eluded us a few days last week. The temps were great, reached 70 one day with full sunshine and bliss. The boys spent sooo much time outside it was wonderful! I meant to take a photo of their legs to prove that they are real boys, not the wimpy guys that have been homebound all winter. They rode bikes, played sword fights in the backyard, crashed on their bikes, came in for bandaids and then went right back out for more. The second round of bandaids and hungry tummies finally brought them in (until after dinner) when they were ready to go out again. A few of those days, we'd go for after dinner walks. Those are so nice - them on their bikes sure helps me keep my walking pace in high gear - sure makes me tired when that thirty minute trek is over too! But it's good for us all. Tonight, it's raining and 45 degrees. Blah... never got far above 45 degrees today. BLAH!

But spring will come and be here before too long. I'm sure of it. I want it badly! I am not ready for the 105 degree temps of summer, but I will settle for 70-80s. And I can't wait until it's warm enough to put these babies outside.
We started some veggie seeds, bachelor buttons, marigolds and lavender. Everything has come up but the marigold seeds. What's up with that? I thought that was one of the easiest things to start from seed? I've replanted and am hoping for more luck this time around. I have wondered if it was my assistant's experience that caused them not to come up or maybe his lack of experience? Really, I wonder if there are any seeds at all in those cups marked marigold. Or maybe SpongeBob and Patrick are up to their usual tricks and have interrupted my seed's sprouting plans. LOL

I planted the bachelor buttons while thinking of my grandma. She always had bachelor buttons in her flowerbeds. I hope mine do as well as hers. If so, then I can think of her everytime I see the pretty blue blooms. :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute set of cups there, Gwen! I have never heard of Bachelor Buttons before so thanks for linking it. I guess I know it as cornflower. Good luck with round 2 of the marigolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of it Gwen! How'd you do it? So nice and simple.

    My kids havebeen outside A LOT. I cannot keep them on their school work at all. But they are nearly finished, so I am not trying too hard! ;)

    (I am having a bloggy giveaway, I am not sure you'd be interested, but you could pop over and see...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back!

    I can so relate to the spring thing. Though it's fairly normal for us to have wet and cool springs, I had hoped that this year we'd see an early one. It looked like it would happened, then Mother Nature turned on us.

    Great idea using the little drinking cups for seed starters! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!