Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Boy news

Devon's scout pack had their PineWood Derby on Sunday. Thankfully, we enlisted the help of the cub master with cutting out the car and getting us started. I was a little on the clueless side when it came to building PineWood Derby cars. Devon decided he wanted something unique for his car. So, he decided to pattern it after his dad's '68 VW Crewcab truck. It actually made for a pretty easy cut. But again, Mr. H helped with that. All we had to do was drive out to his house and he took over with Devon from there. Thanks, Mr. H. (though he's not reading this. lol)

Anyway, with a few additions of paint, a miniature Coca-Cola cooler, a miniature crate of Cokes, and some weights, he called it done! It looked pretty cool. A little GROOVY in fact. Someone besides us must have thought so too because he won a trophy for design! Yay!

Now, I don't know that any Volkswagen other than Herby in the movies has ever won a race based on speed. As luck would have it on Sunday, ours didn't either. It did come in second in a few of the trials though. Not too shabby!

Still, it was a great day, a good experience overall and a reason to look forward to next year!

3 comments:

  1. go devon! now, who is mr h? that weird man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Mr. H. is the Cub Master - I think that's his title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember those days with my brother. My dad was a Leader (Cub Master)all through Boy Scouts with my brother. Great job on the truck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one to let me know you were here!